This is the perfect snack when you are in between meals, still hungry after a meal, want a light snack, or craving something sweet! Snacks shouldn’t take as much effort as making a meal because there small and you want it quick. There is only 3 ingredients in this entire snack, its easy to make, tastes delicious and not to mention it’s healthy.
The pot of gold you are about to make has a caramel flavour from the dates, is creamy and smooth. Who knew only two ingredients could bring such joy to a persons tummy?
The caramel dip can be used for multiple purposes as well. You can use it in ice cream for a caramel swirl, dip strawberries in it, or drizzle some on oatmeal.
Let get to the recipe:
- 2 green apples, cored and sliced (I use green apple slices with this because they are lower on the glycemic index out of all the other types of apples)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 – 1 cup water
What to do:
- If your dates aren’t to fresh you have the option of soaking them in warm water for half an hour, but this is optional.
- Put the dates in a blender or food processor and start by adding a 1/4 cup of water and blend
- Keep adding water a bit at a time until you reach your desired consistency. I added the full cup of water to make a slightly runnier sauce, but use less if you like it a bit thicker.
- Use right away or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.