My time spent in Jamaica was the definition of a true vacation. Its not that I don’t love trying new things or adventuring on new land (um hello that’s the main reason I love to travel), but sometimes after those vacations you almost need another vacation to just do nothing at home. Well I didn’t need another vacation after coming home from Jamaica. It’s the chillest place I’ve ever been, nicest people, amazing food, amazing weather and its of course beautiful!
I stayed at the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall 5 star hotel and it was an all-inclusive absolute dream. I would highly recommend any one to stay at this hotel, they have an adults only side and a family friendly side so it’s almost like 2 resorts in one; you get double the pool areas, double the beaches, and quadruple the restaurants. Any time you sat down at a restaurant the waitress/waiter would start by saying ‘does anyone have any dietary requirements?” Once I told them I was vegan they were SO
accommodating but most places had a vegan option anyways. The Rastafarian culture are also mainly raw vegans as well so I was surprised to see local restaurants off the resort had vegan friendly options too!
The resort also had morning yoga classes on the beach which really pulled at my heart strings. When I felt the ocean breeze in my hair and warm sun beaming down my chest I knew this was what a vacation should feel like, this is what pure bliss felt like. After morning yoga sessions I went to the smoothie bar and got a custom made-to-order smoothie that included: fresh spinach, pineapple, cucumber, ginger, and almond milk.
Since we wanted to relax the majority of the time we only went on one excision to nearby Ocho Rios. We climbed dunns river falls, went ‘Jamaican’ bob sledding and zip lined through a forest. However, I preferred relaxing on the beach in the warm sun with unlimited food and drinks by my side.
My travel essentials included:
- Ilia Beauty SPF lip conditioner in Bombora: which has a red hue that goes on light. The lip conditioner not only protects your lips form the sun, moisturizes them and adds a pretty pop of colour when your relaxing on the beach.
- Sunscreen: I used green beaver and thinksport for my body and suntegrity for my face. All 3 brands protected me in 30C weather.
- Water shoes: even with white soft sandy beaches its still nice to have water shoes if your doing any excursions (like hiking up a water falls!).
- La Bruket No. 133 Wild Rose Body Scrub: after spending all day in the sun its crucial to exfoliate the sun-dried skin and moisturize to keep your skin young looking (and to avoid looking like those people who have been in the sun so long their whole life their skin looks like leather). This scrub exfoliates the skin with sea salt (and has actual rose petals in it) and also moisturizes at the same time with rose hip, jojoba and macadamia nut oils.
- Don’t forget a cute bathing suit and a hat and your good to go