After watching all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the entire Twilight series, all 13 episodes of 13 Reasons Why, all the Bill Burr stand ups that Netflix has and finished watching The 100, I’m finally ready to do something with my life so I decided to write and blog about this recipe.
This recipe is SO good and by SO good I mean so so so fucking good. I make it once a week as a week night dinner and its super fast, filling, healthy and tasty. Out of all the meals I make in a week, the vegetable noodle stir-fry is always the most delicious and I’m always satisfied after eating it.
This recipe is gluten-free and vegan of course. The ingredients are so simple yet its so flavourful. You won’t miss the meat in it at all, its so good the way it is, you don’t even need tofu in it either. You need to make this meow:
- 227g (0.5 lb) of rice noodles
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I use a garlic press)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 10-12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1/4 c gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tbs Sambal Oelek (chilli sauce you can get from almost any grocery store)
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil*
- 4 tbs chopped peanuts
- cilantro for garnish
*make sure you use toasted sesame oil, it is darker in colour and a LOT more flavourful. This oil is what brings all the flavours together.
What to do:
- Boil a pot of water, once it starts boiling add the rice noodles, cook for 1-5 mins (or until soft), strain, run them under cool water and set aside.
- Over medium heat add the olive oil to a pan with the chopped or pressed garlic and sliced green onions.
- After a minute or so you’ll start to smell some yummy flavours, then place the sliced carrots, mushrooms, diced pepper, and broccoli florets into the pan and stir it all around with the oil garlic and onions.
- After 3 minutes add the noodles to the pan.
- Add the tamari directly to the pan and mix it all in with the noodles, until all the noodles are coated.
- Add the lime juice and Sambal Oelek directly to the pan and mix it in with the noodles and vegetables.
- Add the maple syrup and white wine vinegar directly to the pan and mix it in with the noodles and vegetables.
- Turn the heat up slightly till the liquids start to boil and reduce. After 5-10 minutes the sauce should start to turn thick and will be almost fully absorbed by the noodle and vegetable mixture.
- Put in the finishing toasted sesame oil over the noodles and vegetables and stir it around.
- Divide and pour over two plates and top with cilantro and peanuts.