This sundae is AMAZING. Holy Fudge.
To make this decadent treat is super simple and tastes just like a McDonalds hot fudge sundae minus the refined sugar, dairy, soy, preservatives, and chemicals. Below I listed what is actually in a Mcdonalds hot fudge sundae and below that are the ingredients that go into mine! I will let you decide which one you should eat.
McDonalds Vanilla Ice Cream Ingredients: Milk, Sugar, Cream, Nonfat Milk Solids, Corn Syrup Solids, Mono- and Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Dextrose, Sodium Citrate, Artificial Vanilla Flavor, Sodium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Disodium Phosphate, Cellulose Gum, Vitamin A Palmitate.
McDonalds Hot Fudge Topping Ingredients: Sugar, Water, Sweetened Condensed Skim Milk (Milk, Sugar), Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil and/or Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Corn Syrup, Salt, Disodium Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Artificial Flavor (Vanillin), Soy Lecithin, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids.
*Taken straight from the McDonalds website: http://www.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/itemDetailInfo.do?item=182&showFlyOut=no&countryCode=US&liveData=true
My ingredients all are a lot more simple, healthy and enjoyable. The warm fudge topping is refined sugar free and sweetened with only maple syrup and dates to thicken it. The raw cacao powder makes it rich in chocolate flavour and the almond butter also adds thickness to make it more like fudge. And thats it!
Here is the recipe to my Warm Fudge Sundae:
My Vanilla Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2-8 frozen bananas, depending how hungry you are
My Warm Fudge Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbs raw almond butter
- 3 dates, pitted
What to do:
- First prepare the warm fudge topping by placing all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- To make the ice cream simply put bananas in a high speed blender (may need to add a little water) or put the bananas through a Yonanas machine (that is what I used)
- Warm the fudge by microwaving it for 30 seconds, or by blending it on high speed in your blender, or mixing it for a minute or two on medium heat in a small pot on the stove.
- Pour the hot fudge over the ice cream and enjoy!